Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nail Polish Haul

I have been on a nail polish kick lately, changing out the color at least twice a week if not more.  I realize this is probably terrible for my nails, but I can't stand when my edges are chipped.  The winter nail polish collections have looked pretty intriguing so I decided to pick up a few bunch.



The first one I tried out was Essie's Parka Perfect.  It is a beautiful grey blue with a very subtle sparkle that you can only really see under certain lights.  


I tried it out with another of their winter colors, Peak of Chic, as an accent nail.  I'm not so sure how the general public took my attempt at fabulous, but I liked it and that's what matters. 


Peak of chic is a white bar glitter with holographic bar glitter mixed in.  It applied pretty easily considering a lot of bar glitters can be annoying.  I can't wait to see what it looks like over a nice red for the holidays.


I also picked up Essie's Toggle to the Top, a deep burgundy with red glitter.  I really liked the look of the polish in the bottle, but the application was incredibly gloppy if that makes sense.  It looked okay on, but it felt lumpy.  Maybe I got a bad bottle.


I also wanted to try some of the O.P.I. holiday colors, including the liquid sand varieties.  I decided to pick up the mini bottles of the liquid sands, and I think they will look quite nice.  I am looking forward to trying them out soon!


I am especially looking forward to the left most shade, Silent Stars Go By.  It is a muted pink, whereas the other in the set is a bright pink or purple.  It reminds me more of a color I'd see at Christmas time than the other two.  


The last one I picked up was a matte topcoat.  I have been very late getting on to the matte trend as I freaking love super shiny nails.  I don't often go to get manicures, but when I do, I tend to go for the gel ones because the shine lasts a super long time.  I decided to try this with Essie's Ladylike, and I will admit that I wasn't sold at first, but I can't stop looking at my nails and I think I actually like it.  The next time I am wary of a trend, I think I will try it sooner and use this as an example.  

Have you tried any of these polishes?  Are there any that I should be on the lookout for?  Let me know below or on Facebook  & Twitter!  

XO - Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment