Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer: Review and Swatches


So I have been hearing so much hype over the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.  Everyone keeps talking about how it not only smells AMAZING (like...well...chocolate), but that it gives a beautiful glow to your skin without the shimmer.



Now, I don't know about you, but for the most part, I dislike shimmer in beauty products.  For some reason it reminds me of high school when I used to wear glitter on my face to football games.  And no, I was not a cute cheerleader, but in the marching band.  We liked to think of ourselves as very fashion forward in terms of doing the same makeup-y type things the cool girls did, but let's face it, the bright red and yellow military style uniforms were not the same as the glitzy get ups those girls got to wear. 

My point is that I have always felt that glimmery products seemed a bit juvenile.  Not all of them, but some.  It really depends on the product.  So when I found out that this bronzer was a matte finish, I decided it was worth the hike to the mall to check it out.  I picked it up in the store and took a sniff, and WOW.  It really does smell like chocolate!  Not that fake chocolate-like smell you get on erasers or pencils in school (If you are a teacher like me, you know what I am talking about...Smencils), but honest to goodness cocoa powder.  Think Hershey's cocoa.  But it gets better...

Not only do they have the original Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, but *drum roll* they have a MILK Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.   



All the awesome smell and matte-ness of its predecessor, but in a conveniently lighter shade!  Sold.  I have relatively medium-toned skin, stemming from my Armenian ancestors, but I do vary a bit throughout the year.  In the height of summer, when I can step outside for about 2 hours and have the perfect summer tan (sorry ladies!), I don't really need a bronzer, so I will usually forego it.  In the wintertime, I am a little lighter.  I don't want to look like I've been baking in the tanning beds, so a mild color will do.  In comes this bronzer.  It has given me such a beautiful radiance without looking fake.  

 I really had to pile it on to get it to look this dark for you.  The good thing is, whenever I rubbed it, it released even more yummy chocolate goodness! 

Here's the downside.  This product is EXPENSIVE!  It retails at Sephora for $30.00 (0.35 oz).  Thankfully I am relatively frugal when it comes to my spending money, and I had a little extra savings from my last paycheck so in the basket it went.   


 
Do you have this product or something similar?  Share your thoughts and suggestions! 

XO - Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment