Monday, September 30, 2013

Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner: Review

I am always on the lookout for new curly girl products.  It's so hard to find stuff that is in my budget while still steering clear of the no-no ingredients many brands use.  For a full list of things to avoid you can go to this website which explains what they do to your hair and ingredients that are safer and gentler on your ravishing ringlets. 

 (Look at all the nasties in this!  This is a guaranteed frizz day!)



I have the most angry curls.  They are always thirsty and don't curl in the same pattern one day to the next.  The product combos that work well together for weeks on end will suddenly stop working for me.  From what I have heard and read, sometimes your body can get "used to" a product, and it is a good idea to switch it up and keep it guessing.  Somehow, these seems like a line to sell more products, but hey, it seems to be right on the money with me. 

I recently finished up a bottle of DevaCare One Condition and while it was a pretty good conditioner, I just couldn't get past the smell.  I am not a very big fan of citrus scented products, and this one made me nauseous each time I used it.  Also, this was $18.00 for only 12 oz.   Call me crazy, but I don't think I should have to spend that much for a product that made me gag.  So I was on the hunt for something better.

  (What it feels like to buy a pricey product you end up hating)

I had been debating the Shea Moisture brand each time I went to Target and I finally decided to try it out.  I was pretty much instantly hooked.  First of all, it smells incredible.  Floral, but not too much, with a hint of coconut.  Probably because these were the ingredients on the label.  In fact, the entire list of ingredients are all things I have heard of before, and none were things I needed to avoid. 

 (Yeah, that's Pumpkin Apple burning in the background.  Told you I was obsessed with candles...)

They even break it down for you; the brand is free of: sulfates, parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or animal ingredients.  It is cruelty free too, so I feel good about using it.  

But here is the best part - my hair has had such defined and bouncy curls since I started using it.  I do not wash my hair each day but I do get it wet and condition each day.  A few pumps of this and a tiny amount as a leave -in work wonders on my wacky hair.  I am anxious to try other products from this line to see what else they have for me to love.  Oh and it's only $9.99 for 13 oz.  Practically half the price of the DevaCare conditioner.  I'm a happy camper.

(Don't mind the doofy face.  I never know how to smile for photos.)

Have you tried Shea Moisture?  What are your favorite products?  Let me know in a comment below or message me on Facebook & Twitter.

XO - Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment