Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 2013 Favorites

So it is the end of the month, and as most beauty bloggers do, I plan to make monthly favorites posts with a little info on each product and why I like it.  Here goes!




I have re-discovered my Clarisonic Mia 2.  Now this was a pricey piece of equipment that I purchased prior to my wedding.  In fact, I managed to work it into my budget.  I had heard that this thing does wonders for your skin and that if you have oily skin it helps to manage it without stripping your skin and sending it to the other end of the spectrum.  I use mine with the deep pore cleansing heads, which I absolutely love.  I really feel like my face is clean of makeup and excess oil when I use it.  It takes one minute (literally) and the battery lasts a really long time.  The only downside is that when you start to use it, you have a 1 - 2 week adjustment period where you break out more.  This is because it is pulling all the nasty gunk deep down in your pores and brings it to the surface causing irritation.  Once you push through that, though, you end up with seriously beautiful skin. 


As I said in my first post, I am loving the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.  For an in depth review, click here.


I go through these phases where I pick at my nails.  I used to be really bad about it through school and college.  I only had long nails when I would get acrylics.  A couple years back I realized that the money I was spending on getting them done, I could spend on nail polish and other beauty things.  So I started taking Biotin and used the Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle.  The hardest part was not picking them off, which I do when I am nervous or upset.  Anyway, I went through one of these phases through the summer, so I had no nails about 2 weeks ago.  I am talking so far up that my nail beds were red from irritation.  I finally resisted the urges long enough to get a little bit of nail back and it is steadily growing each day.  In the meantime I wanted them to look pretty to deter myself from attacking them.  I didn't want to wear vibrant nail polish which would look odd on such short nails so I used an extremely nude shade by O.P.I. called Glints of Glinda from their Oz the Great and Powerful collection.  It is such a beautiful pinky beige and is perfect for shorter nails as it makes them look fabulous without being overly distracting.  


Of course, I am continuing to enjoy using my Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner.  For more information, click here.  


I recently started using a new toothpaste.  I, personally, enjoy grittier toothpastes.  I really feel like they are scrubbing my teeth the cleanest they can be.  I also use a medium stiffness toothbrush for the same reason.  I picked up the Arm & Hammer Advance White Extreme Whitening Baking Soda and Peroxide toothpaste (talk about a mouthful!)  and I gotta admit that the taste is a bit lacking (not very minty and you can definitely taste the peroxide) but my teeth feel so clean after I am finished brushing.  I can't say it has whitened my smile much, but it's more about the cleaning power for me anyway.  If you don't mind not having the most minty paste, try this out.


For fashion, I have been loving these long tunic sweaters from Target.  When I saw them, I really tried to get one in each color.  I am rather well "developed" up top and it is difficult for me to find clothes that fit well, so when I do, I tend to stock up in different colors.  These are so cozy with a pair of leggings, a scarf, and boots.  Such a comfy fall outfit and it didn't break the bank.  Unfortunately I can't find them in stores anymore, but they are still available online. 

  (That's right, I suggested exactly what I wore today.  What of it?  Still haven't learned to smile correctly.  SMH)

Back to makeup, I have been using my Nars Smudge Proof Eye Primer like crazy.  It really works to keep my oily lids from creasing my makeup.  For more information, click here to read what I wrote about it. 


Last, but most certainly never least, I wanted to say thank you to my husband for helping me design my blog this month and get it up and running.  He has been so motivating and inspiring and always pushes me to do the things I say I want to do.  He lifts me up and is such a wonderful person.  Can't wait to celebrate one year of marriage with you on November 1.  <3 

(Don't we have such adorable an adorable nephew, godson, and goddaughter!?)

Tell me what you are loving this month in a comment below or on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

If you are looking for a pop culture blog to follow, check out Sam's podcast and blog Pop Addled. 

XO - Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment