Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Health & Beauty Haul

I don't know about the rest of you, but my products run out in waves.  I can be totally fine for weeks on end, and then BOOM, I need everything under the sun.  So over the past few days I have been accumulating items and I figured I'd share with you! <3

  (Disregard the candle.  That is not new, but I wasn't about to move hot wax off my table.  I'm sure you don't mind)


First up is oral care.  I have been trying to get my teeth whiter for weeks now without using whitening strips.  


Previously, I had not enjoyed the way they felt in my mouth and they can be really expensive.  I broke down and bought some, figuring I haven't tried them in about 7 years and maybe they have changed.  I went for the 1 hour express strips instead of the two week torture ones.  I will give a full review when I have finished the pack.  I also picked up some Listerine Whitening Multi-Action Mouthwash and an Orabrush which were not pictured.  I will include their review with the white strips.


For facial care, I picked up my favorite Clarisonic brush heads.  Ulta was out of the two pack of the deep pore cleansing heads, but gave me the two singles at the double price, so I still saved $10.  Woot, woot!  


I also picked up a new facial moisturizer for oily skin.  I had been using Boscia's Oil-Free Daily Hydration with SPF 15 but that stuff is pricey at $36 a tube.  It has lasted me a few months, but still, this Mario Badescu one is $18 and if it's like any of their other products, it will probably work really well.  I am depressed to go back to a paraben-laced lotion, but I just can't justify Boscia's price. 


In the nail care department I picked up a new buffing block and a two-pack of nail files.  I occasionally will get a manicure, but to save money I prefer to polish my own, so I will usually file and manage my own nails.  Nothing too fancy here.  Just the Trim brand which, I think, is the cheapest you can get at Target.


I also decided to try out a hand creme.  I have never been one to tote lotion around everywhere I go.  Heck, for the longest time, I never even carried a mirror.  However, since I started teaching and have been using ever increasing amounts of hand sanitizer (kids are walking germ bags), I have found my hands to be drying and cracking.  I decided to try this Love & Toast Honey Coconut one.  Mainly because it smells awesome, but also because it is free of parabens and phalates, as well as being cruelty-free!


Now when I opened this to put it in my purse I about died of cuteness.  I just HAD to photograph this for you guys!

(AAHHH!  It's so adorable!  Get it?  Love & Toast!  I just can't handle it!)

OK, I have collected myself and I am ready to move on.  I think.  So, anyway, I have been working on a play at a local community theater.  We're putting on "The Pink Panther Strikes Again" and I am doing the makeup for the four "pink panthers", a drag queen, and the leading lady.  I have found that the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils in White and Black are doing wonders for detail work on the panthers.  


I can easily get around the eyes with the white and make kitty noses with the black.  You really can't beat the price (I got them on sale for $2.99 a piece) and the coverage is great.  If you don't have any NYX products, check them out.  They are a super affordable brand and I haven't come across something I haven't liked yet. 

Speaking of NYX, since Ulta was having it's 40% off sale, I decided to grab a few of their Mega Shine Lip Glosses.  Now, these are pretty good, you do have to work on blending some of the more creme finishes, but overall, a good gloss.  The only bad thing about them is they smell heavily of cherries, which I hate, but it's bearable and goes away quickly.  I picked up a clear (#103...um, Clear), a champagne colored shimmer, (#146 Baby Rose) and a pinky beige (#101A Sugar Pie).  I'm loving them so far and will post some looks with them soon.  

 (From left to right in both pics: Clear, Baby Rose, & Sugar Pie)

And finally, I picked up some more Shea Moisture products.  If you've been reading my posts, you know I am in love with the Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner.  I decided to try some of their styling products since the ones I picked up from my hairstylist are running out and they were pricey.  I got the Coconut & Hibiscus line in both the Curl & Style Milk and the Curling Gel SoufflĂ©.  Both smell great and I am hoping they will work as well as the conditioner.  *Fingers crossed!*


Do you experience the same waves of product run outs?  Have you tried any of these products?  Let me know if a comment below or on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram! <3

XO - Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment